Friday, May 25, 2007

Garden Tip of the Week

For those of you who love to garden and don't want to spend every dime you make in the garden and who also want to be more earth friendly. I read a great tip and I tried it at home... Here is the tip. If you have Hostas and have slugs munching on them sprinkle used coffee grounds around the base. If you are not a coffee drinker you can get free used coffee grounds at Starbucks!!! So give it a try you are not out any money and you are not handling any chemicals and and coffee does not hurt your soil. I have not had any munching going on since I did this 2 weeks ago.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What are hostas?

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the great tip! How can I tell if slugs are munching on them? Can you see the slugs or just the munch marks? I have a hosta in my back yard. I was going to plant some more. How far apart do I plant them?
You're the greatest Green Thumb Lady!!!